cream cheese frosting :
- 4oz Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 1/4 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup + 1 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
*note you should probably make the cake first before making the frosting*
I mixed the cream cheese and sugar in my stand mixer for a few minutes , just enough for it to be completely combined. Next I added the vanilla extract and continued to mix it for a few seconds, after that I slowly added the heavy cream until I saw the frosting consistency and that was it, I did try it (a few times >_<) to see if I liked it and I did (:
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup of dutch processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 cup of milk, at room temp.
- 1 /2 cup of canola oil
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla
- 3 tbsp. of sour cream
- 1 cup of hot coffee
lets get started!
*preheat your oven to 350 degrees*
You need two bowls , one for the dry ingredients the other for the wet ingredients. Mix all the dry ingredients in the dry bowl, I just used a wooden spoon for this. Then whisk all of your wet ingredients(eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and sour cream / don’t add the hot coffee just yet) in the wet bowl. Next add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for three minutes, after that you can add in the hot coffee and mix it I used the wooden spoon for this ). Now you can add your cake batter to your well greased pan and bake!
- I used two 9×1 round cake pans
- let the cake cool before putting the icing on or else it’ll start melting
- even though this recipe contains coffee , you don’t taste it at all its just there to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- bake for about 30-35 minutes (everyones oven is different, so just keep an eye on your cake)
- stick a knife in it and when there are a few crumbs on the knife its done, don’t leave it in too long or else you’ll have an overdone cake.